Over the past few weeks I’ve been reminded about the importance of gratitude. Are you taking time to count your blessings and acknowledge the people, things or situations in life that keep you safe, loved, laughing or even fed?
It’s easy to be swept away into negativity. And it’s even easier to blame that negativity on something else. It’s raining out. It’s cold. I’m tired. So and so did such and such. The list goes on and on. Are you allowing yourself to be sucked into a perpetual cycle of negativity? Are you playing the victim to life’s circumstances that you have no control over? Negativity creates a very dark place to live. Wouldn’t you rather play in the sun?
Gratitude is the fastest way to pull yourself out of a negative spiral. And regardless of the situation there is always something to feel grateful for. Rather than succumbing to negativity choose to be grateful for the beauty in your life. I guarantee, the more grateful you feel for the blessings that exist in your life the more you will have to be grateful for in the future. Being grateful attracts more to be grateful for.
Today, I encourage you to create a list of the things in life that make you feel grateful. Today, I encourage you to walk away from the dark side and choose to embrace the light.
A short list to get you started.
- I am grateful for my feet because they allow me to walk.
- I am grateful for my skin because it allows me to feel.
- I am grateful for my eyes because they allow me to see.
- I am grateful for my breath because that means I’m alive.
- I am grateful for the trees because they allow me to breathe.
- I am grateful for the clean water I have to drink because I know there are millions of people who are thirsty.
- I am grateful for the food in my fridge because that means I’m not hungry.
Author, speaker & coach, Gina Soleil is acclaimed author of Fuel Your Business: How to energize people, ignite action and drive profit. She blogs and speaks about how to create a life where you’re energized, feel good and happy! Visit Gina Soleil and follow her on Twitter.