We’ve all heard the definition of crazy: Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. For some, it’s easier to ride the crazy train than remembering to breathe. Our addiction to crazy influences how we approach our job, health, and relationships. Crazy is everywhere!
Every crazy thought, word and action contributes to a brew of perpetuating life complaints that create an overflow of negative energy–negative energy that fuels the momentum of more crazy and fills your life with more of what you don’t want. Crazy makes you ask questions such as, “Why do I keep attracting that same type of relationship? Why can’t I get ahead at work? Why does my body still feel this way?” It doesn’t matter the life topic, nothing will ever change for the better unless you choose to get off the crazy train.
Here are five ways to get off the train of crazy and start attracting the things, people and situations in life you actually want:
- Break up with Crazy: The first step in getting off the crazy train is admitting you’re crazy (we all are). If you find yourself asking, “Why do I keep attracting…” then you need to break up with crazy.
- Make a Crazy List: Create four buckets that include family, job, relationships and health (you may have more). Under each bucket write a list of your usual crazy tendencies… thoughts, actions, complaints, etc. Then ask yourself, “Which of the tendencies that I wrote have the power to bring me joy and which create turmoil?” Be brutally honest. Then cross out all your tendencies that create turmoil.
- Make a New You List: For every tendency you crossed out, replace it with an action that has the power to bring you joy. Then re-write your New You List and post it someplace that’s visible to you at all times. Put it in your purse, in your phone, on your desk, coffee table or refrigerator. It doesn’t matter where you put it. What matters is that it’s visible.
- Commit to your New You List: Eeek! The word commitment is enough to make most people run for the hills. Here’s the deal: you can’t get off the crazy train unless you commit to making YOU your #1 PRIORITY. This is where the work comes in… If you truly want to attract something different (something better), you need to commit to doing the new you actions on your New You List everyday.
- Say It, Do It: All new actions start with your thoughts. Every morning, afternoon and evening read your New You List out loud. Then ask yourself, “How am I honoring my list?” It’s amazing, magic happens when you take the time to read the commitment you’ve made to yourself out loud–it’s one of the fastest ways to “program” your mind with new healthy thoughts and behaviors. After you read it, challenge yourself and do it!
Moral of the story: your reality is a direct reflection of the thoughts, words and actions you choose to put into the world. If there’s something in your life that you want changed, it may be time to take responsibility and get off your crazy train.
Gina Soleil, is a speaker, coach and acclaimed author of Fuel Your Business: How to energize people, ignite action and drive profit. She blogs and speaks about how to create a business where people are energized, feel good and are happy. Visit Gina Soleil and follow her on Twitter.